I. Position Information
|National Project Officer
|Position rated on|
|Reports directly to||Project Manager|
|Estimated closing date||30/05/2018|
|Estimated start date||As soon as possible|
|Posting channel||Internal and External|
(Up to the 5th level)
II. Organizational Context and Scope
|Established in 1951, IOM is the UN Migration Agency and leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager (PM) and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the project in Guinea: “Bridging together youth, diaspora and local authorities for an integrated approach to promote employment and address irregular migration in The Gambia, Guinea Conakry and Guinea Bissau”, building upon and complementing the activities funded by other national projects to promote youth employment and address irregular migration in the communities of origin.
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Responsible for planning, developing and monitoring the activities of national project in accordance with the assigned budget, the work plan, the M&E plan and in compliance with internal administrative processes.
2. Coordinate the tasks of the project assistant and project’s consultants.
3. Monitor the financial reports in SAP (PRISM) of the expenses incurred and cost reviews.
4. Prepare financial and narrative reports for the donor and other required IOM internal reports.
5. Anticipate and report the problems that arise or may arise from the implementation of the project and propose respective actions.
6. Communicate and liaise with relevant national stakeholders, private sectors and project partners related to the project and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships.
7. Plan and develop trainings on “migration and development” and “diaspora resource management” for government officers and related events.
8. Encourage alternative employment opportunity strategies for youths and implementation modalities in close collaboration with the GoG representatives at national and local levels, diaspora actors, beneficiary communities, and other relevant stakeholders.
9. Enhance the identification of vocational and technical trainings needs for youths with relevant government officers and other NGOs, including the development of partnership with local actors, Government actors, private stakeholders, diaspora communities, UN and I/NGOs partners on employment.
10. Coordinate Guinean diaspora mapping with corresponding IOM offices and support the implementation of community-based projects according to identified local needs and existing competences.
12. Undertake duty travels as required providing technical guidance to project staff and implementing partners.
13. Ensure that all the project activities are developed in line and complement the activities of other similar projects implemented by IOM Guinea.
15. Utilize lessons learned from past activities, experiences from other countries, communities, and beneficiaries feedback to revise strategies and action plans accordingly.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
|ü Advanced university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations.|
|ü At least two years of work experience in community development and/or migration management with non?governmental organizations, international governmental organizations or government institutions;
ü Experience in programme management, project formulation and implementation at national and international levels;
ü Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, and with other national and international institutions;
ü Familiarity with the country context is an asset.
Fluency in English and French is required.
|Knowledge of one of the local languages is an advantage.|
|The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
ü Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
ü Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
ü Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
ü Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
ü Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
ü Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
ü Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
ü Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
ü Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
ü Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
ü Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
ü Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
|Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Dépôt de dossiers : Les candidatures sont à envoyer par email au plus tard le Mercredi 30 Mai 2018 à l’adresse suivante HRrecruitmentunit@iom.int avec scans des documents sous mentionnés joints. Les dossiers incomplets ne seront pas examinés.
- Curriculum Vitae à jour
- Lettre de motivation indiquant les numéros d’avis de poste
- Diplômes, certificats et attestations de travail
- 03 Références (Nom, email et Contact téléphonique)