SCOPE OF WORK
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Knowledge Management and Communications Consultant
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives in Guinea. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID’s newborn and child health, maternal health, and family planning and reproductive health programs. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain management initiatives in collaboration with MOH and other partner organizations.
GHSC-PSM Guinea supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Health commodity procurement and logistics,
- Systems strengthening technical assistance, and
- Global and local collaboration to improve long-term availability of health commodities.
The Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Consultant will report directly to the Country Director while assigned to the Guinea project office and is responsible for the implementation of the program communications strategy, internally and externally, and compliance with USAID communications requirements for GHSC-PSM in Guinea.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of the project’s communications and knowledge management strategy;
- Set as needed internal and external communications standards, guidelines, processes and protocols;
- Work closely with the M&E and technical teams to identify data, stories, photographs, infographics, and articles for communications materials;
- Stay informed of all key issues in the Guinean health sector and of GHSC-PSM strategies and methods, programs and activities, results and achievements, and on best practices, lessons learned and success stories so that project communication is rich, diverse and well grounded.
- In collaboration with Country Director, technical leads, and KMC staff in the U.S., draft or edit, finalize and ensure publication and dissemination of written materials and content for various communication channels on the project, health system and needs of the Guinean population. Materials and content may include content for project reports to USAID, global newsletters, website, and social media channels, photographs, conference abstracts, reports, presentations, technical briefs, and other communication products appropriate for the local context.
- Ensure compliance with all contract requirements (including branding and marking) that relate to reporting (such as the Quarterly and Annual Progress Reports) and draft program statements describing connections between implementation and results for submission to GHSC-PSM leadership team, Ministry of Health (MOH), and USAID.
- Provide support to the project leadership in maintaining effective communications with USAID, MOH, other partner organizations, and stakeholders, including timely response to requests for information.
- Assist the Country Director with managing media relations.
- Provide strategic and programmatic advice on communications and knowledge exchange to project leadership to strengthen program design, work plans and implementation.
- Support technical staff’s participation in global knowledge exchange forums, such as the International Association of Public Health Logisticians.
- Support the management of the project’s photo and video library as well as of the project’s institutional memory to ensure that information and materials are stored on SharePoint (the document management system) and are easy to access.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor of record
- BA/Master’s degree in communications, public health, knowledge management, international development or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar communications role, within international development organizations.
- Experience working in international public health programs strongly preferred.
- Technical experience interacting with USG (especially USAID), including three years of experience working with USG-funded organizations.
- Proven ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information for non-expert audiences.
- Excellent English and French (oral and written) communication skills (writing samples will be requested), facilitation, and negotiating skills.
- Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in communication skills.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and use good judgment.
- Proven ability to work effectively in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Familiarity with current USAID branding guidelines, preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Level of Effort and Location
This Consultant Position will be based in Conakry, Guinea, with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed with 30 days’ work from April 1st to September 30th, 2020.
The GHSC-PSM Knowledge Management and Communications Consultant will report directly to the Country Director or his/her designee.
Conditions of applications: The candidates for this position must send an updated CV and a motivation letter electronically to the following address: email@example.com no later than March 31, 2020.