Référence du poste : Conakry/0013/2018
I. Position Information
|Position rated on|
|Reports directly to||National Project Officer|
|Estimated closing date||30/05/2018|
|Estimated start date||As soon as possible|
|Posting channel||Internal and External|
|Complete WBS (up to the 5th level)||CE.0398.GN10.11.02.002|
II. Organizational Context and Scope
|Established in 1951, IOM is the UN Migration Agency and leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Officer (PO) and the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to assist the implementation of the project in Guinea: “Bridging together youth, diaspora and local authorities for an integrated approach to promote employment and address irregular migration in The Gambia, Guinea Conakry and Guinea Bissau”, building upon and complementing the activities funded by other national projects to promote youth employment and address irregular migration in the communities of origin.
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
|1. Assist in implementation of project activities in accordance with the work plan, the M&E plan and in compliance with internal administrative processes.
2. Organize workshops, training sessions, and events to support operationalization the diaspora engagement policy; engaging relevant project stakeholders and partners, preparing and issuing invitations and associated documentation, identifying and securing suitable venues, coordinating bookings, and taking care of other financial, logistical and administrative issues of project’s activities.
3. Support the PO in liaising and working closely with government officers for coordination of project activities.
4. Inform the PO of any identified shortfalls in delivery and budget overruns, in timely manner.
5. Conduct research on “migration and development” and diaspora policies, practices and trends in the ECOWAS and other regions as support to project activities.
6. Assist the PO with the coordination of diaspora mapping with relevant ministries and IOM offices, identifying and implementing diaspora mentorship and knowledge transfer initiatives.
7. Compile, summarize, and present basic information/data on the assigned project.
8. Maintain excellent communication with relevant national stakeholders, private sectors and project partners.
9. Undertake duty travels as required providing technical assistance to project staff and implementing partners and compile field monitoring reports highlighting implementation challenges and solutions.
10. Assist the PO with resource planning according to the financial execution of the Project, monitoring the financial reports in SAP (PRISM) of the expenses incurred and cost reviews/donor reports; identify inconsistencies.
11. Collaborate with the budget records of the project in the corresponding forms and monitor the administrative and operational processes and procedures of the project, including proper documentation records.
12. Assist in drafting periodic reporting, briefing notes, visibility products and project factsheets in line with donor visibility requirement and internal guidelines.
13. Perform other duties as required.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
|· University degree in Law, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, Business Administration, Economics or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience, preferably in administrative and project management support or similar roles; or
· Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
|· At least three years of work experience in community development and/or migration management with non‐governmental organizations, international governmental organizations or government institutions;
· Experience and/or knowledge of labour laws, labour migration, diaspora engagement policies or migration governance is a distinct advantage;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Excellent organizational and time management skills;
· Experience with International Organizations is a considerable advantage;
· Experience in administrative-accounting tasks;
· Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results;
· Capacity to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds, and respect for diversity and gender equality;
· Team work oriented but with a capacity to work independently;
· Computer literate including use of Microsoft Office;
· Excellent command of English;
· Knowledge of migration, labour and trade institutions and processes is a distinct advantage.
(specify the required knowledge)
|Fluency in English and French is required||Knowledge of one of the local languages is an advantage|
|The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
· Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
· Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
· Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
· Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
· Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
· Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
· Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals with in area of responsibility;
· Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
· Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
· Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
· Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
|Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Dépôt de dossiers : Les candidatures sont à envoyer par email au plus tard le Mercredi 30 Mai 2018 à l’adresse suivante HRrecruitmentunit@iom.int avec scans des documents sous mentionnés joints. Les dossiers incomplets ne seront pas examinés.
- Curriculum Vitae à jour
- Lettre de motivation indiquant les numéros d’avis de poste
- Diplômes, certificats et attestations de travail
- 03 Références (Nom, email et Contact téléphonique)